Thursday 17 June 2010

FOR SCIENCE!

Well it's been a dashed busy week!

I have been volunteering at the Cheltenham Science Festival. Will 22,000 people coming to the festival it was a busy and sometimes hectic event, but ultimately a huge amount of fun! In and amongst the directing crowds of school children, manning the audio visual desks in events, I got to meet the Physicist Jim Al-Khalili , Robert Llewellyn (Yep, from Red Dwarf), the science editor for The Times, and The Minister for Science and Universities, David Willets.

The Science Minister was very enthusiastic and a big fan of getting children into Science and engineering. Just how raising tuition fees will achieve this he didn't quite specify...

He's also not a fan of the metric system.

The festival had me at my most gentlemanly, be it directing elderly ladies to venues, helping small children, or schmoozing at the Hotel du Vin. It was also a great opportunity to meet up with people from FameLab, a science communication competition I did last year. For those of you who I said I would tell when I put the three minute wonder on youtube - here it is.

It's been all emails ago this afternoon and hopefully Tower Bridge will say yes to the duel.

Fingers crossed!

Afraid I have to go now, I'm off to investigate a necropolis this weekend.

Your's sincerely,

Alistair Linsell - Gentleman Adventurer!

No comments:

Post a Comment