Monday 17 May 2010

Response from Buckingham Palace!


Ladies and gentlemen,

You may remember that as part of my gentleman adventuring I have written to Her Majesty the Queen, informing her of my endeavours.

Well, you may be pleased to hear I have received a response!

Now, Her Majesty has neither given nor denied her permission to publish the letter here; so I have decided not to put the whole letter up here, but not to keep the contents a secret either.

Her Majesty cannot officially comment on, well just about anything in the letter I sent her. This was to be expected because if she was to respond to me she would set a precedent for every tall, slightly mad fund-raiser to initiate personal correspondence with her. With regards to her favourite tea, the palace doesn't reveal Her Majesty's favourite tea as she would the see it every where she went! Can't fault their logic there.

However, whilst the letter was almost entirely neutral there were two points which I could take comfort from. Firstly,

"The Queen has asked me to thank you for your letter of the 25th of February..."

So my letter did make it to Her Majesty and I have her thanks for it. So I'll send her another!

And secondly,

"I am sorry to send you this disappointing reply, but may I take this opportunity to send you my best wishes for every success with your fund-raising efforts. Yours sincerely Mrs Sonia Bonici - Senior Correspondence Officer"

So I have the best wishes of the Senior Correspondence Officer of Buckingham Palace!

Jolly good!

There is another rate my hat on the way and an update on fund-raising and a new threat Mt Roraima. These will be along shortly! Stay tuned, and if your so inclined then all donations are most welcome!

1 comment:

  1. "This was to be expected because if she was to respond to me she would set a precedent for every tall, slightly mad fund-raiser to initiate personal correspondence with her."

    But what about Prince Charles? :-P

    ReplyDelete