Friday 12 March 2010

Announcement!

To the good ladies and gentlemen of the internet,

Let it be known that I, Alistair Linsell, do hearby announce my intention to enter the Ibex Earth “Lost World Project”.

The challenge-
To raise as much money as possible for twelve leading environmental charities

The prize-
To be part of an expedition this summer to record a documentary on Mount Roraima, Venezuela.

The lost world…

A plateau surrounded by sheer cliffs, the land from the Arthur Conan Doyle novel, the land described by its first explorers as “some strange country of nightmares”. A land that is clearly not for the faint hearted and a unique land that is in need of protection.

To raise money for these charities, working to protect mount Roraima, and to put myself in the running for such a prize, I shall become...

Alistair Linsell, Gentlemen Adventurer!

I shall endeavour to undertake a series of sponsored events to raise money for the project and prove my worthy of a place among such an expedition.

These events are thus,

I shall endeavour to attend a lecture at the royal society of chemistry (for all noted adventurers have some official body which they are affiliated to, from which they springboard their adventures).

I shall endeavour to take tea, from a china tea set, on top of Snowdon (for their is no drink more civilised than tea, and where better to drink it than on top of a mountain).

AND I shall endeavour to undertake a further challenge issued by you, the good people of the internet! So get thinking!

And further more I shall of course be writing to Her Majesty the Queen informing her of my progress.

Do check back with the blog for updates on my progress, information on the charities, letters to the queen, responses from the queen (hopefully), details of Mount Roraima’s unique wildlife, proceedings from the Royal Society of Chemistry, and further exciting developments in the life of

Alistair Linsell, Gentlemen Adventurer!

Issue your challenges!

And please do sponsor me

http://www.justgiving.com/Alistair-Linsell

No comments:

Post a Comment